NY.gov Portal State Agency Listing

Assistance Services Near You

For payment assistance programs, rcontact your local utility, local Department of Social Service (DSS), or Office for the Aging (OFA). You can apply for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) at your local DSS or OFA. The Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance has the latest eligibility requirements for HEAP. The DSS and OFA can also provide information on other assistance pograms that you may be eligible for.

For assistance with weatherization or energy efficiency, contact your local Community Action Agency, which may be able to provide you with information on the available programs. Your Community Action Agency may also be able to refer you to other sources of assistance such as Food Pantries or Shelters. For emergency services, contact your local American Red Cross Chapter.

Your utility may also have specific programs that could help you with your energy bill. Please see our utility program guide for more information on individual utility payment assistance programs.

For life-threatening emergencies, call your local emergency service provider (or 911 if available in your area).


Seneca County

Seneca County Department of Social Services
1 DiPronio Drive                     
Waterloo, NY  13165 
(315) 539-1800      

American Red Cross
83 West Bayard Street                     
Seneca Falls, NY 13148        

Cayuga/Seneca County Action Program, Inc.   
65 State Street            
Auburn, NY 13021     
(315) 255-1703          

Seneca County Office for the Aging     
1 DiPronio Drive                     
Waterloo, NY 13165-1681     
(315) 539-1765 

This list of agencies in your county is a general directory of assistance providers and there may be additional agencies that offer service in your county. Check with your local utility, DSS, OFA,or Community Action Agency as they may be able to provide you with additional support. 

Home | Publications | About | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us